Mission to the Cities is the Seventh-day Adventist Church’s five-year emphasis on sharing Jesus’ love and the hope of His soon return with people in some of world’s largest cities.
Davao City has been chosen as one of the 100 cities around the world for the mega event, dubbed, HopeDavao 2014–It’s Time! Pastor Geoffrey Gabriel Mbwana, one of the Vice Presidents for the worldwide Seventh-day Adventist Church, is the main speaker and presenter.
The event is happening on September 5-13 at the Davao City Recreation Center (formerly Almendras Gym), Quimpo Blvd., Davao City!
It’s Time! Video Series
Production Assistant: Nehemiah Fajardo
Graphics and Animation: Mark Anthony Cabansag
Cameramen and Editors: Anthony Corvera, Jericho Cordova
Scriptwriter: Jessa Sumbrana
Director: Jheryl Maceda
Supervising Director: Neil Bryan Fuentes
A Message from Pr. Ted Wilson
A Time for Studying God’s Word
A Time for Sharing God’s Word
A Time for Prayer
We would like to invite you to get in touch with us through any of the following:
• Telephone: +63 (82) 221.5352
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS HOPE DAVAO 2014
Davao City has been chosen as one of the 100 cities around the world for the mega event, dubbed, HopeDavao 2014–It’s Time! Pastor Geoffrey Gabriel Mbwana, one of the Vice Presidents for the worldwide Seventh-day Adventist Church, is the main speaker and presenter. The event is happening on September 5-13 at the Davao City Recreation Center (formerly Almendras Gym), Quimpo Blvd., Davao City!
WHAT IS MISSION TO THE CITIES INITIATIVE
Mission to the Cities is the Seventh-day Adventist Church’s five-year emphasis on sharing Jesus’ love and the hope of His soon return with people in some of world’s largest cities. Starting with New York City in 2013, Mission to the Cities is a wholistic approach to sharing the gospel in urban settings. In 2014, each world division will focus on a city in their territory. Each Union will focus on a city in their region in 2015. Outreach activities will be as varied as the characters of each city with everything from Life Hope Centers, community events, seminars, small groups, and reaping campaigns. Please pray for mission to the cities and check back here to find resources and the latest information about Mission to the Cities.
• to create awareness about the need to present the good news of salvation through a comprehensive approach to urban evangelism.
• to share general strategies for urban evangelism
• to report creative and innovative strategies of reaching the cities
• to provide resources to facilitate local churches to become Centers of Discipleship and Training
• Vision to provide resources and information regarding the Mission to the Cities initiative.
The world’s cities present a formidable challenge for the Seventh-day Adventist Church. More than half of the world’s population lives in cities with approximately 200,000 people moving from rural communities to urban communities every day, globally. This is around 70 million per year, or 130 every minute.
“In 2008, for the first time, the world’s population was evenly split between urban and rural areas.” “Fewer than 30% of the world’s 2.5 billion people lived in cities in 1950. By 2050 almost 70% of the world’s estimated 10 billion people will do so according to the United Nations.” (Christianity Today, Urban Urgency, August, 2010)
For decades faithful Seventh-day Adventists have been living in and effectively sharing their faith in many of the world’s great cities. This “Mission to the Cities” initiative strongly affirms the work that these consecrated administrators, pastors, and lay people have done and are doing for Christ in urban areas.
Jesus loves cities because He loves people and cities are where most people live. The Gospels describe Jesus’ relentless passion to reach people living in the cities of His day.
“And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and disease among the people. But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered like sheep having no shepherd.
Then He said to His disciples, “the harvest is truly plenteous but the laborers are few, therefore pray the Lord of harvest to send laborers into His harvest.” (Matt 9:35-38)
Underlying Jesus’ evangelistic strategy to reach the multitudes was caring compassion. What He taught He lived. Christ’s method was simply meeting needs in the Father’s name and sharing the Father’s love and truth in a broken, hurting first century world. (MH 143) His first Century strategy has not changed in the 21st Century.
The Holy Spirit moved repeatedly upon Ellen G White’s mind regarding the need to develop broad, visionary plans to reach the teeming multitudes living in the cities. Here are two of her most significant statements regarding our work in the cities.
“There is no change in the messages that God has sent in the past. The work in the cities is the essential work for this time. When the cities are worked as God would have them, the result will be the setting in operation of a mighty movement such as we have not yet witnessed.”—MM 304
WHAT IS A Man for All Times
A Man for All Times Series is a no-nonsense, straightforward series of biblical presentations for answers to life’s toughest questions. It deals with the hard questions and provides honest answers.
• Amazing Discoveries Prove the Bible Truth
• An Ancient Dream Reveal World’s History
• Is There A Solution for the Worldwide Crisis?
• Who Is Jesus?
• The Coming of the King
• The Good News About Judgment
• A Formula for A Crime-Free Society
• God’s Sign of Hope
• The Beginning of A New Life
• The Most Amazing Bible Prophecy
• Tampering With Heaven’s Constitution
• How to be Free from Fear and Guilt
• Identifying God’s True Church
Discover answers which will satisfy your mind, warm your heart, and inspire hope for today, tomorrow and forever.
The A Man for All Times Series Presentations at Davao City Recreation Center on September 5-13, 2014 as presented by Pastor Geoffrey Gabriel Mbwana and translated by Pastor Leonardo Asoy:
Seventh-day Adventist beliefs are meant to permeate your whole life. Growing out of scriptures that paint a compelling portrait of God, you are invited to explore, experience and know the One who desires to make us whole.
- Ministerial Couples Retreat Date: May 30-June 1, 2019Venue: DM Headquarters Davao City Philippines Get Event Details
- Andrews Camp Date: May 5-11, 2019Venue: Energy Park Tagum City, Philippines Get Event Details
- Division-wide SS Congress Date: April 14-20, 2019Venue: Mountain View College Valencia City, Philippines Get Event Details
- Tri-Church Stewardship Celebration Date: Sep 28-29, 2018Venue: RDR Gymnasium, Tagum City Get Event Details
- DM Retirees Fellowship Date: July 28-29, 2018Venue: TBA Get Event Details
- Davao del Sur/Occidental Stewardship Seminar Date: June 28-30, 2018Venue: San Jose Adventist Church, Digos City Get Event Details