We believe that religious liberty is a God-given right.
We believe that legislation and other governmental acts which unite church and state are contrary to the best interests of both institutions and are potentially prejudicial to human rights, and hold that it is best exercised where separation is maintained between church and state.
We believe that government is divinely ordained to support and protect citizens in their employment of natural rights, and to rule in civil affairs; and that in so doing, government warrants respectful obedience and willing support.
We believe in the natural and inalienable right of freedom of conscience – to have or not to have a religion; to adopt the religion or belief of one’s choice; to change religious belief according to conscience; to manifest one’s religion individually or in community with others, in worship, observance, practice, promulgation and teaching – subject only to respect for the equivalent rights of others.
We believe that religious liberty includes also the freedom to establish and operate appropriate charitable or educational institutions, to solicit or receive voluntary financial contributions, to observe days of rest and celebrate holidays in accordance with the precepts of one’s religion, and to maintain communication with fellow believers at national and international levels.
We believe that religious liberty and the elimination of intolerance and discrimination based on religion or belief are essential to promote understanding, peace and friendship among people.
We believe that citizens should use lawful and honorable means to prevent the reduction of religious liberty, so that all may enjoy its inestimable blessing.
We believe that the spirit of true religious liberty is epitomized in the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
Seth S Suan, MPH
Donna Marie Arellano, BSCS
Telephone | +63 (82) 221.5352
Department Website | www.irla.org
Seventh-day Adventist beliefs are meant to permeate your whole life. Growing out of scriptures that paint a compelling portrait of God, you are invited to explore, experience and know the One who desires to make us whole.
- Ministerial Couples Retreat Date: May 30-June 1, 2019Venue: DM Headquarters Davao City Philippines Get Event Details
- Andrews Camp Date: May 5-11, 2019Venue: Energy Park Tagum City, Philippines Get Event Details
- Division-wide SS Congress Date: April 14-20, 2019Venue: Mountain View College Valencia City, Philippines Get Event Details
- Tri-Church Stewardship Celebration Date: Sep 28-29, 2018Venue: RDR Gymnasium, Tagum City Get Event Details
- DM Retirees Fellowship Date: July 28-29, 2018Venue: TBA Get Event Details
- Davao del Sur/Occidental Stewardship Seminar Date: June 28-30, 2018Venue: San Jose Adventist Church, Digos City Get Event Details