Making use of digital means to further the Gospel work means that more church members can be missionaries, Adventist presence online will be stronger, and more people will know of the saving love of Jesus.
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
Pr. Elexiz Mercado (or Pastor Lex) was converted through a book and joined the Adventist Church at a young age. Since then, he has been privileged to have served the church as a Bible Worker, Radio and TV Evangelist, and Church Pastor. He is an ordained minister currently serving as the AWR Center for Digital Evangelism Associate Director/Manager of the Southern Asia Pacific Division (SSD). He loves books and is very passionate about his preaching ministry. Pastor Lex is married to Karole, his partner in ministry and co-founder of their local media ministry (Tree Points Ministry). They have two kids – Eliel (boy-7yo) and Eliah (girl-6yo), their pride and joy.
TOPIC: Biblical Foundations of Digital Ministry
James Maangi David hails from Kenya (Eastern part, Kitui). He is 23 years old and has studied Information Technology for two years. He is the eldest among the seven siblings. Currently a Digital Missionary at AWR CDE in Silang, Cavite.
TOPIC: Social Media Diet
Karah Kristal Benliro is from Davao del Norte. She is a 2019 Secondary Education graduate of North Davao Colleges in Panabo City. She currently is in the AWR Center for Digital Evangelism as a Digital Missionary.
TOPIC: Meaningful Conversations
Jezciel Tagle Nuqui is the second among three siblings. He hails from Bulacan. He recently earned his Theology degree from the Adventist University of the Philippines. He is 22 years old.
TOPIC: Meaningful Contents
Febe Ann Sumicad is the second child of Mr. & Mrs. Ephraim Sumicad of Valencia City, Bukidnon. She has a bachelor’s degree in Development Communication from Bukidnon State University, which she received in 2017. She is a former DOST Employee and former Missionary Volunteer in the Jungle School under Adventist Frontier Mission. Currently, Digital Missionary in AWR-CDE.
TOPIC: Filtering Social Media Information
THE TRAINING PROGRAM | 8:00AM – 4:00PM
DEVOTIONAL | 8:00 – 9:00 AM
• Opening Prayer: Pr. Ralph Indino, Cluster 2 Communication Coordinator
• Philippine National Anthem (recorded)
• Opening Remarks: Pr. Louwayne Magdadaro, Chaplain, HCD/AWR
• Welcome: Pr. David Bornales, Executive Secretary, Davao Mission
• Introduction to the Speaker: Mr. Rhoen Catolico, Director, DM Communication and Media
• Special Music: Adventist Media – Davao (AWR/HC)
• Message:Pr. Elexiz Mercado, Asst. Director, AWR Center for Digital Evangelism
• Closing Song: AWR Theme Song
• Prayer: Pr. Evan Rey Basia, Cluster 4 Communication Coordinator
TRAINING | 9:00 AM- 4:00 PM
• Introduction to speakers and topics: Mr. Bjezrel Labajo, HC Davao Production In-charge
• 9:00 – 10:00 – Biblical Foundations of Digital Ministry – Pr. Elexiz Mercado
• 10:00 – 11:00 – Social Media Diet – James David
• 11:00 – 12:00 – Meaningful Conversations – Karah Kristal Benliro
• Prayer: Pr. Saneto dela Peña, Cluster 3 Communication Coordinator
12:00 – 1:00 PM – LUNCH
• Prayer: Pr. Marlon Ricarte, Cluster 1 Communication Coordinator
• 1:00 – 2:00 Relevant Contents – Jezciel Nuqui
• 2:00 – 3:00 – Filtering Social Media Information – Febe Ann Sumicad
• 3:00 – 4:00 PM – COMMITMENT Message and Prayer – Pr. Elexiz Mercado
• Distribution of Certificates and Tokens: Mr. Bjezrel Labajo and Mr. Lolito Fuentes, Jr. (In-charge)
• Closing Song: AWR Theme Song
• Closing Prayer: Pr. Denver Nietes, Cluster 7 Communication Coordinator
Seventh-day Adventist beliefs are meant to permeate your whole life. Growing out of scriptures that paint a compelling portrait of God, you are invited to explore, experience and know the One who desires to make us whole.